Demystifying Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies – November 19
- You could securely share your DNA data with researchers seeking to cure disease?
- You could trace the origin of your food back to the farmer that grew it?
- You could verify your identity (or anyone’s identity) with a keystroke?
- You could buy and sell fine art, wine, gold, or baseball cards electronically?
Blockchain lets you do all this and more.
Please join us for an evening with an expert panel including fellow Columbia alumni to discuss this revolutionary new technology, destroy some myths and misconceptions, and introduce some real life ways that blockchain is already changing the way the world works.
The event will be held at Perkins Coie, 131 S Dearborn Street (corner of Adams), 16th Floor, Chicago, IL 60603. The social hour with hors d’oeuvres and drinks begins at 6:30 PM, presentations and panel discussion will begin at 7:30 PM.
- (Moderator) Alexandra V Prodromos, Executive Director, Chicago Blockchain Center
- Marcelo Halpern, CLS JD ‘91/CBS MBA ’92 - Partner, Perkins Coie LLP
- Joshua S. Barney, CLS LLM ’91 – Managing Partner, Barney & Karamanis, LLP
- Scott Friesen, CBS MBA ’04 - Senior Vice President, Strategic Analytics, Echo Global Logistics
Come with your questions, or just to meet new friends.
RSVP here: $20 for members; $25 for non-members
See you there!