Rendezvous with Chicagoland Columbia alumni for a summer night of jazz al fresco!
Jazzin' at the Shedd
August 14th, 5:30-10:00pm
Live jazz by the Ava Logan Jazz Ensemble, Phil Seed Trio and Bill Boris duo -- under a star-filled canopy, with superb views of Chicago’s Skyline & Navy-Pier fireworks -- all surrounded by a fascinating collection of aquatic animals from around the world.
$20 for members; $25 for non-members
Buy tickets here.
Become a Columbia Alumni Club member to receive discounts here.
All tickets include:
1) Outdoor terraces and live jazz (until 10 p.m.)
2) Access to Shedd’s 32,000 animals residing in these galleries:
- Abbott Oceanarium, Polar Play Zone, Underwater Beauty exhibit (until 8 p.m., last entry 7:45 p.m.)
- Wild Reef (until 9 p.m., last entry 8:45 p.m.)
- Rivers, Oceans, Great Lakes, Amazon Rising, Caribbean reef galleries (until 10 p.m.)
3) Two optional private animal encounter tours led by former Shedd Extraordinary Experiences Docent, Daniel Balsam, CC’91
- 7:00 - 7:30pm :: Underwater Beauty Exhibit (see focus animals : https://www.sheddaquarium.org/underwaterbeauty/)…meet at 6:55pm @ entrance to the Underwater Beauty Special Exhibit, directly across from North Terrace
- 8:00 - 8:30pm :: Wild Reef tour (corals, sharks & rays, and mangrove animals)…meet at 7:55pm @ entrance to Wild Reef
Note: Food & beverage not included.
5:30 - 6:30pm Pick up your ticket, name tag, updated logistics from Columbia alum (in CU cap) at "Man with Fish" sculpture
9:00 - 10:00pm Meet alum at Soundings Cafe and Restaurant entrance